Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ball obsession

My dog is obsessed....with a ball.  He has been for a long time.  I've read the dog whisperer and he's no help.  He suggests that being obsessed with a ball means he's under exercised.  I've taken him walking around the flea market for an entire day and the first thing he does when we get back is find the ball and want to play.

He goes through a lot of balls.
Texas - he pulls all the felt off them and then chews on it until they're in pieces
Maine - he loses them in the woods
Texas - we just have to throw them away
Maine - we just wait and he'll find them again

One time I brought him to Maine and I don't think we even got into the house and he had already been out in the woods and come back with a ball he lost the previous fall.  When people are over (especially kids) they don't give him time to find the ball they threw before they get him a new one.  I'm not complaining - I'm definitely glad someone else is playing ball with him besides me - it gets tiring!

Today he was digging in the rocks after what I thought was a chipmunk (knowing good and well it had moved on from that spot).







Ahhhhh - success!  It was hiding in the rocks.

As I sit here on the hammock, blogging, Duke insists I throw the ball for him!  I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. looks like duke is having a great time..........(:

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!