Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy Camp Opener

There are definitely drawbacks to living on a lake that freezes (not many - but there are a couple).  One of those is the amount of work it takes to open and close it for the season.  Luckily Sean has a bunch of great friends that love to help do some of the work.  This weekend was officially the camp opener and we had helpers galore!  This weekend was the raising of the dock and getting the boat into the water.


Yes, there are more watching then actually "doing" (and this doesn't even show ALL the people here to watch and "help".

While the boys were out doing their thing, Gram and I spent the day together.  We watched the boys, had a picnic, talked genealogy, etc.  Once they finished we had a pizza party and the first bonfire of the season.  It was funny because no one would tell me what kind of pizza they wanted so I ordered what I wanted and got them all with wheat crust.  Everyone talked about how good it all was!

Today is Sean's birthday - he turns....well according to him "old".  I love birthdays, Sean, on the other hand, does not.  I still pampered him as if he did though.  Started out the day making him his favorite breakfast, breakfast sandwiches.  I made a pot of tea in the tea set we picked up on our honeymoon.  We headed out to the dock and enjoyed our tea.  Sean also got to enjoy some time with Brian.



We then headed so Sean could have some lobster and spent the rest of the day relaxing.


Happy Birthday Honey!!!  Can't wait to spend a million more birthdays with you!

4 comments:

  1. The guy in the boat in the orange hat....is that Mr. Bagpiper from next door?

    So, is the dock in good shape?? You didn't really finish recapping or show a final picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your gonna show fresh lobster all summer on here, then i'm not sure i can keep reading it...lol! looks like duke got his outdoor lounger...woof!
    ahh...i miss maine!
    happy birthday sean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind, I see now that the pics of Duke & Sean are most likely on the dock and all looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - yes that's Jeff and the dock isn't quite done yet. We're still waiting to get the carpet put back on it. It was in excellent shape - just dirty. We're also wanting to put some plants on it and a table, etc. I'll likely show a real "final" picture after all of that.

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!