We had a very nice shower for Ashley. I made jalapeno pimento cheese sandwiches and lemon almond tea. We also talked Mom into making broccoli salad (Ashley's favorite) and we had a cake (so cute!). I got the idea for the vase with the hot pad and cooking utensils from a gift I got at one of my showers.
Ashley and her sister trying to figure out the game. It was a love letter from Deek to Ashley with blanks and you had to fill in the blanks with cleaning or household supplies. It was HARD!
My niece, Maddy, trying to help open presents.
After the shower we headed to Mom's to do some final packing up of the Jeep, celebrate Mother's Day and my nephew's birthday. We hopped in the Jeep and were off to my brother's house in Lee's Summit, Missouri (yes the same brother we had the shower for and is now our 3rd state). If you've never seen the Kansas countryside it's just like they show in the movies - wheat fields and cows.She absolutely loves books and had to get a quick read in after breakfast with Daddy.
She wanted to help drive.
GIVEAWAY ALERT!!!
Today is your first chance at a special prize from our time in Kansas. Post a comment with your favorite road trip memory and a randomly selected person will be the winner. I'll announce the winner and prize in tomorrows blog.

when i was little, the church would take a annual ski trip to colorado...we rode in the oldest greyhound bus known to man. (someone's relative from our church owned it) it maxed out at 55 mph, so it took forever and had no working bathroom, but we played lots of games and slept in beds that folded down from the ceiling. it was always a memorable trip for me, although if you were an adult, it probably wouldn't have been :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite memory is our trip to Arkansas:) The girls from Texas made a big splash in Little Rock in our $Tree outfits. We were reporters at the short track races,(We have that video somewhere, but who knows where) and had our first bath house experience. That is something I will never forget:) That was such a fun trip!!
ReplyDeleteJenn stole mine! I guess the next best was the East Coast trip I took with my parents between 7th and 8th grade. We pulled a trailer through downtown NYC and Philly, had our windows washed at a stop light, saw my first prostitute, and had a bike courier hit us...not the other way around!
ReplyDeleteThe earliest trip I remember is when me and my mom and dad and Grandma Truesdell went to Disney world (I was about 5). It was so amazing being so small, and so much to see and do. It was also the only trip with Grandma I ever got to go on. But it was a great trip until I fell and cut my chin open haha, but still something I really enjoyed.
ReplyDeleteA funny road trip was when I drove all the way up I-35 from Waco to St. Paul Minnesota. I went with girlfriends our sophmore year of college. I just think it's funny that we chose to go to the Mall of America for spring break! Not your typical college spring break trip.
ReplyDeleteSo, driving east from Lee's Summit...I-75?? Hope you waved hello to Columbia for me :)