WE SURVIVED OUR FIRST DAY!!!
Before heading out I had to take one last look at all my beautiful flowers growing at the Texas house. We've been asked a couple of times if it's sad to leave one house to go to another and the answer is - DEFINITELY! We have such great friends in both locations. I was sad to leave all the wonderful plants we had plated, especially since they're looking like this now...
So with our navigator ready and Duke in-tow we were ready to head out on our adventure (man I look tired - guess it really is time for a vacation).
We soon found ourselves crossing the red river and on into Oklahoma (state #1). This is about the time I realized I forgot something pretty important.
Can you tell which is the real thing and which is really a casino in Oklahoma. Ever since they passed the gaming law in Oklahoma the entire state has turned into one big casino.
I talked Sean into stopping at a store I read about on my friend Amy's blog. You can read about it here -
link to Amy's blog. Duke doesn't appear to impressed with me taking his picture - sticking his tongue out at me and all.
This is my favorite part of Oklahoma - I just love the rocks on the side of the road.
We stopped to get some dinner. We pulled into a BBQ place and the fire department pulled in right behind us - sirens on and all. We didn't stay! We soon came across this (state #2 - night and moving doesn't make an easy picture)...
Sunday is going to be our longest driving day and I need a discussion topic other then cold fusion (and yes we did discuss this - it was Sean's idea). Please post a good discussion topic for us.
Sounds like you guys are off to a good start! Have fun. i did not really feel like we got to hang out much while you were here. It seems like you just got here a few weeks ago and now you are gone. Hopefully we will have our lives a little more together next year when you come back:) Topics of conversation from Todd - If you won a cash payout of 10 million from the lottery, what would you do with it. He was the real answer not the fun one! This came after the where do you see yourself in 5 years. My choice is when are you having kids:)
ReplyDeleteTodd also wants to know what you one lux item would be if you were a contestant on survivor?
ReplyDeletehow bout, how sean lost $10 bucks to craig on the golf course today :)
ReplyDeleteShopie want's to know when Duke is making a trip to SoFla so her father can take $$ from sean on the golf course.
ReplyDeleteTopics - Who will win Amer Idol season 10? When is a good time to plan for a trip to Key West?
Drive safe Tonya - Don't drive Sean
I know what you forgot...her is a clue...it isn't the first time it has been forgotton and it is different than what Sean forget's when he travels!! I am thinking it is going to be a long trip if you are already trying to find conversation topics! Chocolate or Vanilla? Shoes or no shoes? Dogs or cats? Favorite color?
ReplyDeleteTamara