Thursday, January 27, 2011

one down a lot to go

So I've been in my house for 7 years already and decided it was about time I put up some curtains.  But you know me, I can't just run to the store and pick some up - I have to take the hard road.  Remember the fun girls trip I took with Tamara and Amy to find fabric?  No?  Well you better get caught up and go read about it (here's the link).  I finally used one of the fabrics I picked up.

I decided to start with the easy ones - my office.  You know the drill - sew the seams (yes, I'm sewing on printer paper - the backing I chose had a little stick to it under the presser foot)...

cut the holes (that was the absolute scariest part - thanks to Tam and Lizzy for the support) and add the grommets.

Add a curtain rod and voila!

Don't you just love this fabric - I SURE DO!!!


Notice the little window on the side?  I want to add a venetian blind like the one I made for the kitchen (check them out here).  Should I make it with the same fabric as the curtain I just made or a fabric that matches the wall color?  Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I think for the venetian blind you should either use the same fabric or a plain color that matches that fabric...like the white or the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cool when you going to make my Red Sox curtains for my man cave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your curtains-- you did a good job---they look real nice. They remind me of my childhood--vintage is in right now. I think either one would work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY CUTE!!!!!!!! love the big grommets! it looks perfect in that room...i vote for the same fabric, cause i like it so much :)

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!