On our trip of course we had to check out all the sites with London in the name - you know - the LONDON Eye, LONDON Tower and of course the LONDON Bridge.
LONDON EYE
I've already shared some pictures with you - that's where they did the New Year's Eve Fireworks Show. It's essentially a ferris wheel you can ride - we didn't though. It's beautiful with the lights on the trees leading to it. I still can't get over the fireworks shooting off of it! In the up-close picture you can actually see where they added some already - although we didn't realize at the time that's what they were doing when we stopped by that night.
LONDON TOWER
This is a rather large structure in close proximity to the London Bridge (which you can see in the background of the first picture). It's beautiful in its simplicity but has some rather intricate pieces to it too - notice the unicorn in one of the pictures. I also loved the little figurines we could see through one of the windows.
LONDON BRIDGE
I loved, loved the colors of this bridge. I find it very fascinating that such a famous bridge could be so unrecognizable. Is there anyone in the world that doesn't know the children's song "London bridge is falling down"? It's second nature, but until I saw the bridge on our trip I had no idea what it even looked like! The UK definitely needs to do a better job of promoting itself. All the pictures of the bridge look so hazy - but that IS London for ya!
They also have sites to see that don't have the city name included - check back tomorrow for those!
oh dear!
11 years ago

I loved the London Bridge when I saw it!! I'd love to go back some day and see if I still love it as much.
ReplyDeleteAnd I never connected the children's song to that bridge. I always thought I was singing London bridges falling down. As in multiple bridges! Ha - I'm a dork!
That is such a cute picture of you and Sean. It's nice to have a picture of the two of you together. I love the bridge!! I never knew what it looked like either----bet it's even prettier in person.
ReplyDeleteThats not the London bridge... thats the Tower Bridge ;)
ReplyDeleteLondon bridge it pretty boring looking to be honest... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge