Sunday, August 1, 2010

faith

It's official - we have now been married for exactly one year.  It was the most amazing wedding if I do say so myself.  Everything was perfect!  The entire thing was a culmination of faith though.  Faith is acceptance of what we cannot see but feel deep within our hearts.  In this day and age, people have so much trouble with faith.  If they can't see it, it just can't be true.  It usually has a religious context and how people that believe in God have to do so by faith - we cannot and have not seen him so we only know he exists by faith.  I have this kind of faith; I know he exists deep down within my heart.

I think it's having this faith that allowed me to be so calm on my wedding day - I had faith...

faith that I would find that someone special some day

faith that he would also find me

faith that two children under 5 and a dog could make it down the aisle

faith that it wouldn't rain (as for why I didn't need a back-up plan)

faith that the clouds would roll in at the right time for perfect picture lighting

faith that everything would go exactly like I wanted

faith everyone would get there and home safely

faith that at least one of our Grandparents would be there to see it

faith everyone would fall in love with Maine and want to come back and visit us over and over

faith that my life will end up even better than I could ever imagine

Some of my favorite/most memorable parts of the day:
  • having breakfast dropped on the floor during breakfast with my attendants
  • candlepin bowling with all my girls the morning of the wedding
  • turning the corner coming down the "aisle" to Stairway to Heaven (orchestral version) to see all my friends and family staring back
  • the look on Sean's face
  • having Sean's grandmother there
  • the sand ceremony
  • bagpipes by the neighbor
  • first trip around the lake as husband and wife upon the "Ship O'Fools"
  • ride to the reception
  • showing Maine what the Cotton Eyed Joe is
  • proving to Sean that people really do dance at weddings in Maine
  • extending the reception each time they told us it was time to go
  • being able to have all our closest friends and family there to enjoy the day with us
  • taxi ride home after walking through the sparkler path

****************************************************************
Now for what you've all been waiting for...

the winner is...

That does sound funny, but mean at the same time.  Fourteen people in a wedding party - WOW!

Please send me an email so we can coordinate when you would like to receive them.  They're live so you're going to want to receive them the day you're going to cook them.
****************************************************************
pictures by numerous wedding guests and Duke

Thanks to everyone that tried for the lobster giveaway.  We really enjoyed hearing about your favorite memories from weddings past and I've really enjoyed reliving the memories from my wedding with you.

2 comments:

  1. well at least an "amy" won! :)
    happy anniversary you two!!
    it was an awesome wedding week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I really did enjoy your wedding week and I promise to toast you while we are enjoying our lobster dinners. I will email you as soon as I coordinate the dinner. Did I say thank you? Amy James

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!