Thursday, August 26, 2010

duke and buddy's outing

A couple of new pet friendly places opened up in my home town in Kansas.  Since Duke and I were there visiting my family I decided we should check them out.  So we grabbed Buddy (my Mom's dog) and headed out. 

The first stop was Passion for Pets - a pet store.  They had some really cute and unique things.  Duke and Buddy had a great time browsing the store.

The nice lady even gave Duke and Buddy an ice treat.  They both LOVED it!  Duke licked his around the store, leaving a trail.  He wanted more though - so of course I bought some of the mix.  Now if I could only find some cute dog bone ice cube trays (which I just so happened to google to find that Amazon actually carries them - guess what I'm ordering).

Our next stop was Sadie's Dog Bar.  Yes, you read that right!  It's a bar that you can take your dog to.  They're allowed to run around, off leash, playing with the other dogs there.  They had some really cute dog touches.  Some of my favorites - the bucket of dog toys and the candy machine with dog treats.

Sadie herself was even there.  Duke, Buddy and she played and played and played while Mom and I had a nice cold beverage.

I'm so ready to open one of these myself - what a great concept!!!  What new pet friendly places have you found near you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!