Although there were animals there...
the fair in Cali was a complete other monster. Look at these rides - we didn't have anything like this in Kansas.
and a carni game that was pool tricks???
and not to mention the dueling pianos...
I have to say, I had never actually been to pig races but they were cute (but cruel all at the same time).
Can we talk about fair food? Even though it's California, the OC fair was not lacking in the fried foods department. Does White Castle, Krispy Kreme and butter really need to be fried? None of that even sounds good to me either. Why do restaurants think frying something gives it more flavor? Have you noticed how you can't go to a restaurant nowadays and actually find a meal that isn't a million calories and full of fat and sodium? We opted for a shish-ka-bob that was about 20 bucks and totally flavorless. The margarita made up for it though.
The fair was quite impressive but I think I prefer my small town, keeping true to what the fair is all about type of fair. I wonder how many people really know what the fair is for when there's so much other stuff to distract them?
I want to leave you with another picture I love. Add your own caption. Enjoy!


i am a cow milking pro!!!!
ReplyDeletemy kids are actually on their way home from the fair right now----and I've been craving my grand champion cake lately....which is crazy because I think the last time I made it was way back when for the fair. 4-H what great memories!
ReplyDeleteAmy looks udderly precarious!