Monday, August 2, 2010

anniversary and national dance day

We had a great anniversary weekend!!!  We had an out of town guest and it just so happened to be National Dance Day on Saturday.  How can you go wrong???

Saturday was National Dance Day.  I don't know how I did it but I was able to get a group of 13 (we're talking Sean's friends) to meet for dinner and then 11 of us to make our way out dancing.  We had 2 birthdays and an anniversary that we managed to celebrate during dinner.  Everyone was dancing so hard all I could get was a blur when trying to get their picture.

Sunday was our anniversary.  It turned out to be a beautiful day so we spent most of it on the dock.

We made homemade pizzas that we tried to grill.  It didn't work so well.  I didn't watch them close enough and ended up burning the crust so we ate the toppings (fresh pepperoni from a local farm) and the one bite each of the crust that was actually edible.

After dinner we partook in the tradition of eating the top of our wedding cake - one year later.  At the wedding we had 3 bottles of wine that guests could write us well wishes on.  We drank the sparkling wine with the cake and read all the comments.  This wine was so sweet and then paired with the sweet frosting I thought I was going to be ill.

I have to say though, the cake wasn't that bad - still very moist.  We also made our guests have a slice.

Duke thought I was going to let him finish it up.  Don't worry - it didn't happen.

This week Sean is off of work and so are all his friends.  Please pray for me that I'll survive trying to work all day while they're out sitting on the dock enjoying the beautiful weather!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!