Have I mentioned I'm a city girl? Don't get me wrong - I've gone fishing before. I had to have someone bait the hook, was the only one to catch a fish and needed someone to remove it for me but I've been.
We have a neighbor that does a lot of fishing and feeds them to the eagles but I just watch - I don't help. Sean's friends like fishing though and we soon learned Duke does too.
He would patiently (or impatiently) wait for someone to catch a fish...
| Right before this he had gotten so excited that he fell into the water. |
try to get to it before you would even get the fish off the hook (yes that little thing can jump that high)...
carry it over to the edge of the dock...
He would do this over and over. Sometimes he would get sassy and wouldn't put it back in the water so we (meaning one of the guys) would have to throw it in for him. Here are some of my other favorite pics from Duke's fishing experience. Don't you just love both kids waiting so patiently for Tim to bait the hook?
Daddy actually caught a fish for Duke (yes he's jumping that high in this picture too).
When we were done fishing Duke was totally distraught. He wasn't done yet. We were sitting on the dock, talking, and I look over and there's Duke swimming out to try to find the fish. He's never done that before and I hope he doesn't make it a habit. We're lucky that he stays pretty close most of the time.
Hope you guys had as great a weekend as we did!

Duke the fisherman! I love it. marlu
ReplyDeleteToo CUTE,I sure miss that little guy!!! He sure was having fun.
ReplyDelete