Saturday, July 31, 2010

wedding week recap: rehearsal dinner

 With not really telling people much about the wedding, we really needed a rehearsal.  So after I was done getting pampered at the nail salon everyone showed up at the Camp ready to do a walk-through.  It took us 3-4 times of going through it before we finally got it right and I felt comfortable everyone knew what to do and when (including me). 

The rain started to show up during the rehearsal but that didn't stop us.  It did prompt more of the "what's your back-up plan" questions though - which I didn't have and didn't need (in my mind at least).

Now that we were all ready with the wedding it was time to relax, enjoy my last night of freedom, I mean singledom, and crack some lobstahs!  The neighbors were nice enough to let us have the rehearsal dinner in their garden (which I've blogged about before).  I was dressed and ready in my cute little apron I got as a shower gift.

We had lots of lobster newbies - mostly my family - but I was impressed they tried in the first place.  My nephews (who happen to be twins) had an arrangement worked out.  One ordered lobster and one a steak; that way if one didn't like the lobster they still had something to eat.


Sean's uncle was there to give lessons to the less experienced.

This allowed us a little time to actually sit down and enjoy the feast, too.

Remember the sprinkles I mentioned during the rehearsal?  Well, we lucked out that the downpour held off until right after all the food was cooked and brought under the tent.  Sean's Grandma felt so sorry for Duke.  She insisted on drying him off.

After the dinner any other guests in town were invited to come over for drinks and socializing...


and cigars?

Do you know how dark it gets in the woods in Maine at night?  Here Jennea models a headlamp to guide you to the potty.

Midnight quickly approached and it was time for us to go our separate ways.  I'm a traditionalist that way - no seeing each other before the wedding.  So Sean headed to Tim's house with all "his guys" and I headed to the Camp with all "my girls" to get some rest before the big day.  It was hard to go to sleep thinking about all the fun we would have the next day and giggling about Charlie Bartlett but somehow we managed.

Come back tomorrow to find out how the wedding went, if it rained and who won the lobster dinner giveaway.

************************************************
Pictures compliments of Jennifer, Tamara and Mom.

You have until midnight pacific time to leave a comment for the lobster giveaway.  Find the "a one year giveaway" post in the archives list to leave a comment for your chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!