Wednesday, July 28, 2010

wedding week recap: the best surprise ever

It took quite an orchestration and help from some of Sean's friends but it was all worth it.  We got Sean, and we got him good!!!  Someone, somewhere, some very long time ago decided when two people get married that they should get each other a present.  Isn't my love enough, or the ring (as Sean would probably say)?

Anyway, I decided I would partake in this "tradition" and set out to find a gift for my soon to be husband.  I knew what I wanted to get but needed some help from Rob and Andy.  So they set out to read through Uncle Henry's and scout the side of the road and whatever else they did.  Soon I think almost all of his friends knew what I was trying to get him and were very excited - so excited that you would think I was getting it for them.  I'm very proud of their ability to keep it from him though considering how excited they were.

Sean got a little suspicious when I left one night to see one they found.  We hardly ever leave the house without each other.  After quizzing Rob and Andy over and over about it we decided this was the one.  Rob and Andy took care of everything - picked it up, cleaned it up, stored it, delivered it, and decorated it.

Sean helped with the surprise factor and didn't even know it.  It had been a yucky day weather wise so our plans of barbecuing with my family turned into a trip to Pat's Pizza instead (Sean's idea which helped them deliver the boat and get it decorated).  After dinner my nephews rode home with us in the Jeep.  Sean decided to drive them over to a nearby lake to see some trails to take the Jeep on.  This gave all the family and friends that were in town time to get to the Camp to get ready for the surprise.


Pulling up Sean was a little surprised by the amount of cars there but it's not unusual for a bunch of people to drop by, especially during the wedding week.  But they were all there, patiently waiting for us to get back.


With the gift, decorated and ready to be revealed, we finally showed up.


Sean's reaction was priceless.  He said one thing "Are you serious?"  There wasn't another word said for about 20 minutes.  Can you see his hands over his mouth still - completely speechless.  I promised him I wouldn't put up the picture of him crying (oops did I say that?).  Don't let him fool you, he's such a softy!


Andy tried to teach him all about how to use the new party boat but I'm sure it all went in one ear and out the other.

As you can see, Duke loved riding around in the boat...


I found a great spot for some sunning...

and of course there were many friends in town for the wedding to give sunset tours of the lake to.

I'd like to give a great big "thank you" to Rob and Andy for all their help and for all the friends and family that were there to share in the event.  I will never be able to top that though.  The stars were all aligned that day to pull off the best surprise ever.  Will the stars remain aligned to pull off the best wedding ever (in my opinion of course)?  You'll have to come back tomorrow to find out more.

**************************************************
Some photos by me, some by Tamara and some by Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!