One of the things I find interesting about Maine is that it's practically Canada. A lot of times when I fly home there will be people on my flight that are headed to Canada. It's just a short drive up there no matter where you are in the state. One of Sean's friends (well I guess it's really OUR friends now) had been camping all week and asked us to join them. Of course I was game since I've been trying to get Sean to take me around to see the rest of the state.
They were camping on East Grand Lake. The lake actually sits right on the border of Canada and the US. Just on the other side of the flag is actually Canada.
I really want to go back so we can take Duke in the boat into Canada! Instead we just did a little swimming.
See these ducks...
so did Duke...
Duke has a new friend, too. Our friends got a puppy while they were camping. Duke - meet Hunter the Chocolate Lab.
Sean did what he does best...
Once it started to get dark we had a little campfire and made smores (which I love!!!). They also had
coconut covered marshmallows. I didn't even know they made them but I have to say those are amazing roasted over a campfire (and I'm not even a coconut fan)!!! This is Kyle enjoying his smore. He was one of the ushers at my wedding with my nephews.
We were all so tuckered out by the end of the day - especially the youngest of the bunch.
The next day we helped them pack up and headed back home. It was a short trip but so much fun. I'm so glad they asked us to join them and that the boys let us share their bunk bed room. I hope we can join them again soon!
***********************************************************
Don't forget to sign up for the lobster dinner giveaway by posting a comment to the giveaway post
here (click the word "here" and it will take you to that post).
That is the cutest puppy---almost as cute as Duke!! HA! HA! You have loved marshmallows since you was a baby. Remember what you use to call them? Should I tell? FARTFELLOWS!!
ReplyDeleteI tried to click "here" and can't find it? Are you sure it is spelled "here"?
ReplyDeleteGlad to see another picture of you!!!!!
ReplyDeletethe brown dog is so cute(: did amy tell you that we had to put elvis down he had funal pheomen (sp)
ReplyDelete