Thursday, December 23, 2010

december bunco and supper club

My last post about Supper Club you may remember I solicited some help on what to make for the December theme - Colonial Williamsburg.  Unfortunately my work schedule (we were getting trained this time) caused me to miss out this month.  I was so looking forward to making pumpkin gnocchi, too.  Just thinking of all the amazing things I just know everyone made and how good it all would have been would have been way better than what I went through getting back to town.

I was flying back to Texas from Chicago with two other work peeps - we scheduled the earliest possible flight.  All the other Texas work peeps were on a later flight.  Toward the end of our last class of the week we got our flight status notification letting us know our flight was canceled.  This was no Super-80 like we usually fly on - it was a 777 or 767 so there were TONS of people supposed to travel on this plane.  The next flight they could get me on was the next morning through Iowa - NOT FUN!

After sitting around the airport for a little while I decided I should call our travel agent to get a hotel room for the night.  Before asking her to book me a room I decided to give it one last shot at seeing if any seats had opened up (miraculously) on any flights still going out that night.  Well, this night there WAS a miracle!!!  Some AAirline fairy found an extra plane laying around and created a new flight out of nowhere that I was lucky enough to get myself a seat on.  I quickly called my other two work peeps (who had made other arrangements for getting home) and they were able to get on the same flight.  We were able to get home that night!!!

Last week we also had December Bunco (which I was able to make).  We don't actually play in December, instead we have a White Elephant ornament exchange.  You know the game where you draw numbers and open a present and get to steal....

This is the ornament I came home with - thought it was perfect for me!

We also had a little picture fun - can you tell what's different here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!