Monday, November 29, 2010

cuban night

Once a month we get together for Supper Club.  Each month has a different theme and everyone brings a dish that represents the theme.  This month was "Cuban Night".  When I read this I was like "what the heck???  I have no idea what Cuban food is!"  Luckily Jennifer (who's husband is Cuban) sent us a link to a site with lots of Cuban recipes.

http://www.tasteofcuba.com/cubanrecipes.html

I quickly scanned it and when I saw Tres Leches on there I was sold.  I know it's not technically Cuban but it was on the site and I've been wanting an excuse to make it for so long.  This was my excuse.

Look how beautiful it turned out!  Yes, I know - don't put a white cake on a white plate - it's what I had, people.

It was so much fun to make, too.  You should try it - not diet friendly though - here's a quick link directly to the recipe (click here).

The kids were all about getting into things.  Look at these guilty faces.  Duke was a pain and most likely will not be going back.

A new marketing idea?  Necklace for two - hmmm - maybe not.

There was also a little gymnastics happening - I'm so excited all the girls are into my favorite sport.  It will give me an outlet to teach again.

What would you have made for Cuban night?

Next month, Colonial Williamsburg - ideas anyone???  I'm completely lost here!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that cake looks YUMMY! And who cares that it's on a white plate...as long as it was good (and how can you go wrong with Tres Leches?)! Send me some. ;) I don't know much about Cuban food, although we did go to Gloria Estefan's restaurant when we were in Miami...I'm pretty picky about food and I don't remember what I had---I just remember it being really spicy (which my husband loves), but oh, do I remember the fried plantains! Now those are forever burned in my brain!

    Now I am off to catch up on all of your vacation posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some cute pics of them. You should be a photographer for your next career. LIsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten Cuban food several times since moving to NYC...just had some on Monday! I love fried sweet plantains OR fried green plaintains..yum!

    I didn't know what in the world was meant by Colonial Williamsburg so I googled it and think you should make pumpkin gnocchi!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!