I recently participated in a blog Halloween exchange. We were paired up with someone and you could pick/make anything you wanted related to Halloween or fall for under $20. I started this endeavor while in Maine. Sean and I headed to the Grasshopper Shop to see if they had anything seasonal - nothing. Don't get me wrong, they had tons of cute stuff I wanted but nothing that fit for someone living in Hawaii.
Yea, I'm with you. I just don't think of fall or Halloween when I think of Hawaii. This made it even more difficult. While in the store I came across a REALLY cute scarf. It was beyond the dollar limit for this exchange. So, of course, I gave it a good look over and decided I could make it myself.
I headed to the store to gather up all the supplies I needed. I tried to pick rustic colors that were still bright and beach feeling.
Sew on the stem…
Then add some flowers…
Hem up the edges and voila, you have a scarf!
It was so fun to get my own package in the mail. Look at all the great stuff that was in it.
Check out all the other great packages the other Halloween exchange peeps got on Susan's blog "Five Great Kiddos".
oh dear!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
i heart comments!