Sunday, December 12, 2010

riding in....discomfort

My friend Amy visited last weekend.  We had a GREAT time.  I wish she could visit more often - or MOVE down here.  I'm working on it.  Have been for years with no progress though.  Maybe eventually...

But I digress...

One of our favorite things to do it go to the First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX.  Being the December one I was on the hunt for some Christmas presents.  I found some fun things Sean would like - but isn't getting.


Found some cute fabric, but it didn't fit with the projects I have going right now.

I want to figure out how to make one of these.  It would be perfect to carry sunscreen and snacks down to the dock in the summer.  Maybe the fabric above would be cute for it.  hmmmm

I wanted one of these but Sean said "nothing that rusts".  He's very anti-things that are metal and cute.  He's convinced they'll....oh who knows why he's against them.  I thought the moose would be totally cute at the camp.


Amy and I tend to have this one problem when we go to Canton.  We end up buying more, or bigger, things then we can fit in the car.  I remember a time driving back with plants all up in my business.  This time was no exception.  In the last hour, Amy found the biggest piece of furniture in Canton and purchased it.  After some help by some men and moving all the seats out of the way (except the drivers seat) we were ready to head home.

I finally settled in and enjoyed the ride in my "seat".  Duke even joined me after he was tired of being squished in the passenger seat.

Oh the things we do for a good bargain.  What's the most fun thing you've done for a bargain?

1 comment:

  1. that was the best laughing i have done in a while...and just so you know, it fit perfectly...like it was built exactly for that space in the breakfast nook! i'm still trying to get the "old people" smell out of it! lol!! i filled it with lots of fabric softner sheets!
    everyone that sees it can't believe if fit in my car! we rock!!!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!