I love the idea of composting - taking all the pieces of food you don't use and leftovers and turning it into amazing dirt you can use in your flowerbeds. Sean got me this compost for Christmas last year. It's perfect for our lifestyle - it's small and perpetual. I would totally get one for the Maine house if there was any room for it.
Before we headed off to Maine this past summer we emptied the compost and put all the dirt in the new flowerbeds we had created. Well, we arrived back to Texas after the summer break and found this...
It took us the longest time (and some help from Tamara) to come up with the only plausible explanation - it was a seed from a tomato I put in the compost that hadn't completely composted when we emptied it. It was growing in the one spot in all the yard that gets absolutely no sun - not even one minute a day. There was more then a dozen fruit on the plant but; unfortunately, they never matured into real tomatoes we could eat - it got too cold and lack of sun. I'm ready to grow more next year - but intentional this time.
oh dear!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
i heart comments!