Thursday, December 2, 2010

pink floyd junkie

My husband is a Pink Floyd junkie.  If you were to listen to his ipod you would probably get as tired of hearing Pink Floyd song after Pink Floyd song after Pink Floyd song like I do.  Some I can tolerate, some, not so much.  He even made me watch the movie "The Wall".

Let's talk about that movie for a moment.  I totally don't get it.  Maybe it's because I didn’t do enough drugs when I was younger - or any for that matter.  I seriously think you need to be on drugs to get it.  Sean claimed analyzing it in school ruined the movie for him.   For me, I think I may like it better if I had that class.

Now, how about watching The Wizard of Oz while listening to Pink Floyd?   I tried that once - kinda cool.  Wait until the second roar of the lion though.  We used to have PITH parties when we would travel for work.  What's a PITH party you ask?   Party In The Hotel.   At some point, after travelling so much, we got tired of eating out and hitting the bars so a small group of us started PITH parties.  We would get together in someones hotel room (usually someone with status that got upgraded) and play cards (oh the cheating that would go on) or watch a movie (23 brings back some fond memories, and then finding 23 in just about everything for about a week afterwards) or something.

One time, in Chicago actually (maybe even the room I stayed in this week), I brought my copy of The Wizard of Oz and someone (probably Sean) brought the Pink Floyd CD and we tried it out.

So let me get back to the point of this post.  When Sean's brother was in town, all the grown-ups went to see Roger Waters.  You're probably saying to yourself what I did - who's Roger Waters?  Apparently he was part of Pink Floyd at one point.   He had a concert; however, it was more of a musical than a concert.  I was actually wondering how he was going to fill the venue it was at, but he did somehow.  Look at all the people in line for merchandise!

It was visually very amazing.  Singing - there wasn't any - he was not singing at all.  There were words, but not his, maybe from back in the day, but not that night.  During the whole thing they built a wall and then crashed it down at the end.  That was definitely cool.

Let me leave you with this...TEACHERS - LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was bottle-fed on Pink Floyd growing up. I remember that I would listen to "Wish You Were Here", "Money", and The Wall when I was in grade school. My dad LOVED that stuff; and even to this day I'll listen to that album every so often. If you want something that's good to watch Pink Floyd-related; if you can find it, try to find the live 1994 "The Wall at the Wall" concert in Berlin. If I could go back in time and do anything, that would be it. Way cool stuff.

    <3, Amber and Rob

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!