Wednesday, September 8, 2010

where you'll find me

Having just had our first anniversary we did a lot of reminiscing about our wedding and honeymoon.  The fondest of memories always returned to all those evenings we enjoyed the sunsets in Thailand with all those amazing colors and the waves crashing....

and that evening when it looked like the ocean was putting the sun out...

cuddling in my husband's arms enjoying a glass of wine - trying to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming.  Could it really be that I finally had someone I could call my "husband"?  Would I ever get used to using that word?


Oh, to be back in that moment without a care in the world, just enjoying each other and looking forward to the life we would share together until eternity.  So we could relive that moment all summer, every summer we picked out this amazing chair for the dock (baby not included).
with the top all the way down - great when you're wanting full on sun

the top in this position is best in the morning sun

if it's not too windy you can put the top straight up to shade the mid-afternoon sun

the top flipped all the way over offers just the right shade for sleeping babies

As you can see, it's enjoyed by young and old alike.
baby Isla (what a great model)

Sean, Grammie and Duke

Even though there are no pictures of it, I've spent my fair share of time in it - have even had a nap in it.

Because it's so sweet I have to tell you about how my husband surprised me.  I was out of town and he told me it wasn't coming until after I got back.  I got in from my flight at 11:00 pm and it was an extremely hot evening for Maine.  It was 10 degrees hotter inside the house (we don't have AC).  Sean said "let's go down on the dock and cool off and check out the stars".  This was not that unusual as we spend a lot of nights out looking at the stars - it's one of the benefits to living where you don't get city light pollution.  When we got down to the dock he shined the flashlight on it.  I was so surprised and we curled up on the day bed.  We almost slept out there all night (but were afraid of Duke trying to play with all the nocturnal creatures).  I love surprises when they're great like that!!!

6 comments:

  1. way to go sean...i love it!!!! saWEET chair!!!
    now you just need one in texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be careful cause when you lay in it, the sleep spirit comes down and taps you.. Out!! We have been told to get another one for the other corner and I "think" there is one in the wings for Texas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the next time I come visit you won't be able to get me out of there. That looks super comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Tonya!! LOVE this chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tonya happy anniversary sept 8th and happy birthday the 9th (: sept 8th is darin's wife birthday!! sean has to get two presents in a row?

    blessings,
    linda lou

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!