meet Brian and Julie...
and let's not forget Tim and Danielle.
We stayed in the cutest cabin - it totally screamed Maine!
Saturday afternoon we packed everyone in the Jeep (which required someone to sit in the very back)...
and drove all sorts of snowmobile trails in search of a moose.
We saw all sorts of interesting signs and names of places we couldn't pronounce.
We came across the remains of some tree harvesting areas and moose remains. We drove around approximately 7 hours and didn't see a single moose or deer or rat or anything - only partridges.
After we gave up for the day we headed back to our cabin to watch the sunset and cook out on our little bonfire.
Here are some other pictures I captured from the weekend that I loved.
| yes that's an adult with super mario jammies! |
For those of you that are wondering, Brian was so nice to wake me up super early Sunday morning to drive around a little more to try to find a moose. We finally saw one!!! Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get his picture. For those of you that read the post "searching" we actually saw the moose the same place we saw the "Jeep meets moose" sign - it was meant to be! Now my goal is to get a picture of one.

I am so glad this story had a good ending! Glad you finally saw one!
ReplyDeleteThat God's Country sign is hilarious.
LOVE the keep Maine green sign!!!!!I'm gealous you saw a moose.
ReplyDeleteI bet a moose is magnificent. I saw an elk once in Vancouver - just chewing on some grass shooting out from someones front lawn, not fussed at all being out of it's element - it was SO huge I thought that it must be a moose at first, until I noticed... that... it wasn't :) Me and American animals... still getting to know them. It took me two years to figure out which one was squirrel and which one was chipmunk :) Guess I could have googled it and saved myself some time huh :)
ReplyDeleteI love how many trips you go on - LOVE IT.