I saw in my Bangor Metro magazine that there was an antiques festival in Union. Once I figured out where that was, packed up Sean and Duke and our friends that went with us go to the house we headed out for another day trip. This trip ended up being a full days worth of activity. Here's the low-down.
Sean was looking for one of these - but none were within our price range (everyone was SOOO proud of their antiques at this festival!)
The camp used to need one of these but not sure who would want one now.
I love old crates with writing on them - not that I own any - I'm not sure what to do with it if I had one.
I also found myself attracted to hat pins - again, what would I do with it?
I thought this was so unique and interesting. Wasn't ready to spend $8,000.
I've always loved moustache cups - I just think they're so cool.
Leave it to Sean to find this…
Since I'm into old pictures right now I thought this was so cool. I'm not sure I could hold still long enough for it though.
What antiques festival would be complete without….lobster? Gotta love living in Maine with prices like that!
After the boys shopped all they could stand we decided it was time for dinner. So we headed here…
For a little of this…
With a view like this how could you go wrong?
Of course Duke like lobster but we let him try a steamer this time - not so impressed (good boy Duke, mommy doesn't like those yucky things either).
If you ever wondered how those bands got on their claws so you don't lose a finger? Now you know. This was a lobster man that had just come in to drop off his catch at the lobster pound. I learned all about size restrictions, how to know if they're pregnant, how to know their sex, etc. If you want to hear about it I'll post about it another day.
I wanted to pick up some more blueberries from the spot we found on our last road trip (read all about it here if you missed it the first time). This time he didn't have any already picked and ready to go so we got to rake our own.
and I made these with some of them…
Our next stop was Cape Jellison where we saw a lighthouse and all the great ocean views it had to offer.
Then it was time to head home to pick up some socks so we could hit the bowling alley - regular bowling this time. Sean kicked our kiesters so I've already planned a rematch - but candlepin bowling this time. We already have our next trip planned but it's going to be a whole weekend instead of a day trip. I can't wait!
oh dear!
11 years ago


Thats so funny that you put those tea cup things on there, Grandma T use to buy them for my mom because she collected them.
ReplyDelete