"Happy first day of your birthday month!"
Many, many years ago I instituted the "no work on my birthday" tradition. So, since I didn't work today what did I do you might ask. Well, my day started off cuddling in bed with Duke and then being awakened by Sean (he always gets up way before I do) bringing me birthday cards - one from Duke, one from him. The card from Duke was so cute - and Duke appropriate. It essentially said "Mom you always put my needs ahead of yours - what a terrific arrangement." Then the card from Sean was so sweet - just like him (shhhhh - don't tell anyone).
After getting out of bed I made some tea and headed out to the day bed to relax and enjoy my tea. I watched a movie.
I had a nice lunch with my honey and then headed back to the dock. That's when the rain started so I retreated in to watch another movie. Since it kept raining I just chilled inside.
That evening we headed to the Lucerne Inn for a wine dinner with Ron and Alicia.
This time there was only one wine I didn't like. The food was great but had two courses I wasn't so excited about since I don't like mushrooms or veal.
But how can you go wrong with a dessert with a candle in it? This was actually the second candle I blew out that day as Sean put a candle in a piece of homemade blueberry pie for me.
To top off my birthday celebration I did this...
What do you think?
That evening we headed to the Lucerne Inn for a wine dinner with Ron and Alicia.
This time there was only one wine I didn't like. The food was great but had two courses I wasn't so excited about since I don't like mushrooms or veal.
But how can you go wrong with a dessert with a candle in it? This was actually the second candle I blew out that day as Sean put a candle in a piece of homemade blueberry pie for me.
To top off my birthday celebration I did this...
What do you think?

Sooooo funny that I have been thinking about your hair recently! (And no I don't mean your hair is funny...just the coincidence!) It looks great, as usual!
ReplyDeleteomgoodness i love it...short and sassy (just like me :) Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!!!! You look so cute----young and hip!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday---hope it continues!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Even though I am not writing happy b-day on your actual b-day, I did think of you on the 9th. Hope the rest of your birthday month is fabulous!
ReplyDeletea) happy birthday!!! and
ReplyDeleteb) I WANT THAT DAY BED SO BAD, RIGHT NOW
:D :D