Tuesday, June 29, 2010

travel perks

As I've mentioned before, traveling for work does have its benefits sometimes.  What's the commercial that says "membership has it's privileges"?  That's completely true when it comes to airlines and hotels. 

Let's start with airlines:
  • Priority access through security (which means I can procrastinate even more when it comes to arriving at the airport)
  • Upgrades to first class
  • Boarding the plane earlier (which means there's room in the overhead bin for my rolling board near my seat)
  • Priority stand-by status (for example there were 19 people on the stand-by list when I got to the counter for an earlier Boston flight and ended up number 5 on the list - I still didn't get on the flight cuz it was already too full but still)
  • Bonus miles so I have even more miles to go on all the great vacations I want - FOR FREE!!!
Now let's talk about hotels:
  • Nice treats when you arrive in your room sometimes.
  • Awesome room upgrades (these pictures are from the same hotel room - what does one person need with two bathrooms???)
  • Ability to get into a hotel even if it's sold out.
  • Access to the club room where you get free breakfast and snacks.
  • Overseas you're a queen when you are platinum.  For example, I went to Bora Bora and had some trouble with my room and couldn't get anyone to help me.  As soon as I pulled the "Platinum" card (which I actually don't like to do) I had a manager out there swooning over me and giving me presents left and right to make it right.
  • Bonus points so I have even more miles to go on all the great vacations I want - FOR FREE!!!
Every time I find myself stuck in Detroit for a night or driving back to Maine from Boston in the middle of the night I have to remind myself of all the great perks that will make up for it later.

1 comment:

i heart comments!