Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Evening Stroll

The other night, after dinner, we took Duke on a walk to the boat landing. We first headed to the Farm House where Sean and his brother used to work. I still laugh at the idea of Sean doing that kind of labor. They still do things old school there.


Duke has been proudly wearing his John Deere bandana for some time now so it was only fitting we found a real John Deere.

We played ball and Sean and Duke ran through the weeds.



While watching them play in the field I noticed what looked like foam on a weed.


I thought it was googleable but apparently it wasn't because I couldn't figure out what kind of insect would lay eggs like that. If you have any ideas please leave me a comment and let me know.

We walked along the shore and through the woods to get back home.



It was a great end to the evening and I hope we do that more often.

3 comments:

  1. It is called a "spittle bug". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is duke becoming a farmer hand? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping in to say hi from Dear Lillie.

    Hi! The pictures of the flowers are beautiful! It all looks so perfect. That bug, I have no idea what it is. But it sure looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!