Friday, June 25, 2010

sunset dinner cruise

At one of my wedding showers everyone had to write down a recipe from memory.  The other night I pulled out the recipes and decided on Chicken in a Bag that my friend Elizabeth wrote down for me.  It was really simple and Sean loved it.  Well, he's easy to please if it's served over rice.  We had gone to the market up the street and gotten fresh veggies so I added my own little twist to the recipe.  Elizabeth would not approve of the change I made as she will not eat anything that is green but Sean and I both loved the addition.  Here's the recipe (with my slight modification):

Chicken in a Bag
2 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes (I used one with garlic, onion, basil)
1/3 cup Italian dressing
Fresh peas (I just shelled them until it looked like enough for two people
Rice

Make a foil packet and put the chicken, tomato and dressing in and seal shut.  Put on the grill for about 20 minutes.  About 10 minutes in open the packet and add the peas and seal shut as best you can.  Cook rice according to the package.

We had also picked up some fresh lettuce at the market so I made up a nice salad.  We grabbed a bottle of wine and headed out on the party boat (which served as a dinner cruise boat for the evening).  Sean drove us to the other side of the lake with Duke at the helm. 

We enjoyed our great dinner....

and watched the sunset. 



We can't wait to do this again.  I need some ideas of dishes that will keep warm enough by the time we get to the other side of the lake though.  It tends to be cool in the evening.  Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A LIFE!!!! Your dinner sounds wonderful. Do you have some kind of thermal container you could pack it in or did you do that? What about Sean's favorite----- spaghetti???

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!