Tuesday, June 8, 2010

FINALLY!!!

After waiting for it to make it's splash, get a tune-up and then for the rain to go away I have finally gone on my first boat ride of the season! Other then when it wouldn't run earlier in the season I think the pontoon boat is the best investment ever. It's a good thing Sean has friends that know some mechanics stuff though. Neither of us are mechanically inclined in any way.

I had actually gotten up early (I know, it's a very strange thing unless I'm headed to the airport) so we went out before we headed to our desks to work for the day. With Duke behind the wheel we were on our way.


Duke let Sean take over and headed to his two favorite perches to watch out for any creatures that may attack us out in the water. He may be little but he packs a good bark and will scare off anything within ears distance (like the unknown creature this morning breathing heavy in the back yard).



We made it to the other side of the lake and the wind picked up and the clouds rolled back in. That didn't stop Duke from being on the lookout for the eagles or buoys in the water.


I look forward to many more boat rides this summer, minus the clouds and the necessary blanket. Hopefully it will involve suntan lotion and swim gear instead and picnic lunches. Yea, I know you're jealous that you don't get to have your lunch on a boat every day.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...duke needs a skipper hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does duke have a driver's license's?
    (: what cute photos........duke's driving partner sure is good lookin'
    (:

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!