Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the drama is finally over

Remember the empty fridge (aside from the saved beer as was noted by some friends)?

Well, after 2 weeks it is no longer empty and will actually keep stuff cold.  You don't understand how exciting this is.  Two weeks of eating out every single meal SUCKS!!!  Besides eating out, you can't even walk into the kitchen and get something cold to drink.

But all is well now and we even have ice.  I won't go into the whole thing unless you email me and want to know about it but I'm not very pleased with the customer service Sear's service department offers these days.

TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!!

***************************************
On another note, it was brought to my attention that I may have provided some bad information about my trip to London and one of the sites we saw.  This bridge is not the London Bridge but rather the Tower Bridge.

Sean and I may or may not have gotten our picture taken on the real London Bridge.  Maybe one of the UK readers can help me out here.  Is this it???

I love that wikipedia actually helps me not look like a complete idiot.  It says the Tower Bridge is sometimes mistakenly referred to as the London Bridge and that, rumor has it, some guy bought the old London Bridge and actually thought he was buying the Tower Bridge.

I also learned that it was painted the red, white and blue colors in the 70's.  It was originally chocolate brown.  Very good decision to change the colors - it just makes it stand out so much.  Even if this wasn't the real London Bridge I still love it!  (Thanks for helping me get my "London" monuments straightened out Geo!)

***************************************
I've completed week 1 and week 2 lessons for my painting class.  So far it's been about using acrylic paints to enhance your scrapbooking.  Here are the pages of the art journal I created for week 1 lesson.  I'll add week 2 soon.

1 comment:

  1. The bridge your on in the pic above is Westminster bridge road i think.. Was it near Big ben?

    London bridge is the next one along from the Tower bridge, just past HMS Belfast. (hms belfast is in the middle of the two)

    Im sure you saw it, just probs not noticed i only realised it when i saw the writing going along side it saying 'London bridge' its very low key.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!