Tuesday, March 29, 2011

random updates

I've still been enjoying my painting class.  I've finished week 3 and nearly done with my final project.  Here are some pics from what I did for week three.






I want to add a saying to my final project but can't decide on one.  What would you write on a painting of a bird?

******************************************
Duke has been ridiculous, needy and ridiculously needy!!!  Look how obnoxious this has gotten...

But he's just so darn cute and cuddly how can you resist him?!?!

******************************************
I don't like to follow patterns but I also don't like having to figure out a pattern on my own but I really like sewing.  I know - totally confusing.  It's taken me, like months, to finally decide on a pattern for the living room curtains.  Here's a little peek at how I've been trying to figure out the pattern.

I think Sean's pretty happy I've finally made a decision and put those new scissors to good use to cut out all the pieces.  I already have one done and only three more panels to go.  I should be posting pics this weekend of the final product.  I can't wait because I don't like having bare windows at night (as you can see in the pic of Duke above).

******************************************
We've been doing a lot of gardening lately.  I helped plant some trees for a work community day and we put in a new 90 foot (or something obnoxious like that) flower bed and have been trying to fill it in with lots of goodies.  I'll write more about both of those soon with lots of pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried mixing some sand in with Acrylic paints, it makes a cool texture.
    Or another thing i did in Art was to print a photo off, then paint over it made it look kind of Pop arty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was glancing at the first picture while reading the first line of this post and I read it as "I've still been enjoying painting my dress". That mixed with the photo of your wedding dress, I was thinking "Woah! did I miss a post? She's painting her wedding dress???" And I wasn't thinking that you were painting a picture of the dress, I was thinking you'd taken on some strange project where you were actually painting on your actual dress. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen that Saturday Night Live clip... "Put a bird on it!"

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!