Sunday, February 27, 2011

best picture show 2011 day 2

Remember the all day movie marathon from last Saturday?  Well because they select so many movies as part of the best of 2011 at the Oscars they show them all over 2 Saturdays.  Yesterday we headed back to AMC for the other 5 movies.  Here's my take:

  • Winter's Bone - This was an interesting story and it's sad that there are probably families out there that really are like this.  There was some messed up stuff in that movie.  I think this is one of those stories that's better as a book (although I have not read the book).
  • Black Swan - I wasn't sure I wanted to see this since I was a dancer back in the day and had heard some strange comments about the movie but I ended up really enjoying it.  It's like a train wreck - you can't stop looking.  Don't watch this with your mother!
  • Inception - I had already seen this one.  It was much easier to watch the second time around.  It takes a lot of paying attention because it's hard to tell what's real and what's a dream.  I enjoyed it.
  • The Social Network - This movie is about the controversial creation of Facebook.  Hard to believe all that went on.  It's worth watching.
  • The King's Speech - This is about the Duke of York and his stammer.  The whole movie is about him trying to overcome this speech impediment.  I couldn't wait for this to get over - I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!  For that very reason I'm sure it's going to win.
Since I had already seen Social Network I skipped that one and headed to dinner to help celebrate a 60th and 40th birthday for some of my friends.  It was a great Saturday!!!

If there's an AMC anywhere close to you that's participating in this next year - GO!

Make sure to watch the Oscar's tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you felt that way about King's Speech. I don't think I felt quite as strongly as you, but everyone else seems to love it and I did not. Just not my type of movie.

    And I am disappointed that you liked Black Swan! It was soooo awful. Not quality awful, but so disturbing in so many different ways! And I DID see it with my mom...ugh.

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!