Saturday, April 9, 2011

new flower bed

Part of why I've been MIA lately is because every free moment has been spent finishing up the curtains (which I need to still get a rod for before I can show you - which of course has to be custom - stupid ginormous window) and making a new flower bed.  Ok, so maybe we had someone come make the flower bed for us - but we planted all the new beautiful things - which for a 90 foot flower bed, come to find out, is quite a bit.

We had our own little system.  Sean would dig the holes - with Duke's help...

...and I would plant the new plants - with Duke's help (and, yes, I'm totally wearing a skirt to garden - it was hot that day).

I think it turned out pretty good.  We're going to let all these plants grow in until next year.  We don't want to overcrowd the beds.


If you've been reading a while you may remember when I went away for a weekend and came back to phase 1 of the backyard redo done.  If you don't remember, check it out.  It also has some "before" pictures.  You can also see in this picture how it connects now.

Duke is really loving all the new mulch to just lay around in and keep cool during our upper 80, low 90 degree weather we've been having.

Phase 3 is coming next weekend - raised vegetable garden.  Phase 4 will happen when we get back in the Fall and then it will be ALL DONE!!!  Can't wait for the parties to ensue!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW-- that's quite the flower bed. It really looks nice. Who is going to water all that when you're gone? I noticed Duke had his ball with him, he is so cute! You looked pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so nice! Bet you cant wait to get it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower bed looks great! Can't wait to see the vegetable garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks sooo good! what phase is the hot tub?
    :)
    all i did today was clean out beds and re mulch...i was dirt from head to toe! ...i rearranged one bed and turned it into zinnias. i can't wait to start planting some color!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!