Saturday, April 16, 2011

flip burger

Are you as crazy about Top Chef as I am???  I was totally rooting for Richard Blais this last go 'round.  I could just taste each thing he made and imagined how utterly amazing it must be.  So, when I found myself in Atlanta this week I knew I just HAD to head on over to his restaurant Flip Burger Boutique.

As you probably guessed, they serve burgers - but these aren't your ordinary burgers.  Mine had chorizo and a fried egg.  They even had one made of shrimp.  Mine was good but a little under-seasoned for what I was expecting from Richard.  Actually, I found almost everything under-seasoned.  If you've seen Top Chef then you know he likes to use Liquid Nitrogen when he cooks.  The dessert list was all milkshakes - topped off with a little Liquid N2.

My favorite one was the nutella and burnt marshmallow - unfortunately ours were all melted by the time they made it to our table.  This picture is of the only smart one at the table as he ordered his before dinner - fully frozen!

Sad to say, but I think my favorite piece of the meal was the drink of the day - Spring Fling.  Wish I had stuck with that drink as the others I tried weren't nearly as good.


Although I found the waiter charming when we first arrived he soon became arrogant and annoying.  When we mentioned our shakes all being melted he said "well, that's ice cream for you".

So, as you can tell, I'm a little, ok a lot, disappointed in my experience.  I may give it another shot if I find myself in Atlanta again in hopes that Richard is there.  He had been in that day but during lunch and we went for dinner.  The company totally made up for the disappointment in the restaurant though!

2 comments:

  1. What was in the Spring Fling? That frozen shake looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spring Fling had Hendricks gin (the best!), muddled strawberries, basil and ginger syrup and lime juice. OH SO YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!