170 of them!
and that was just at the location close to here...
There was another 160 planted at anther location and it was all part of a community service event through work. The trees came in by the truckload.
The number of trees was determined by 3-point shots made by the Mavs. Unfortunately, Mark Cuban wasn't there to help us plant them. They were all heading out on a plane to another game that day. Some of the players made an appearance though. They weren't much help.
The steam rolled from the pile of mulch just waiting to encircle the newly planted trees.
I really enjoy gardening and just being one with the earth and enjoying the quiet of mother nature. Plus, I like it even more when I don't have to dig the holes to plant everything. This was actually the story of the tree planting AND the new flower beds. I'll show you the amazing work that's happened in our own back yard tomorrow.
I learned a lot about planting trees and the difference between pot grown trees and burlap-ed ones (grown in their natural elements). The most important thing - which actually took us a couple of times to remember - is don't remove the burlap until after you get the tree in the hole.
It's going to look amazing when they all grow in!!!
I could totally do volunteer work as my career if I could get paid for it!!! It's so rewarding and you know you're doing something good for society. What job would you do if someone would pay you for it?
oh dear!
11 years ago

SHOP--I'm really quite good at spending money!! I would also love to rock babies in the nursery!
ReplyDelete