So the brain has totally not been functioning lately. I volunteered to host Supper Club last Thursday night but was also planning to head up to see my family that night for the holiday weekend. Not sure what I was thinking...I'm still paying for it since we got up at 3 am instead and drove up - 6 long hours...
But anywho...the Supper Club theme this month was anything cooked in a muffin tin. I opted to make
Amy D's muffin tin meatloaf - it was easy, utilized my mixer and I could use up the bacon ketchup before we head off to Maine.
One of the drawbacks to this dual home living thing is when it comes to the fridge. There comes a time when it's almost time to switch homes that you quit adding things to the fridge so you don't just end up throwing it away when you return the next season. We've reached that point now. So making this was amusing - it called for 2 cups of ketchup - I only had about 1-1/4 - so I scrounged and scrounged. I found 3 packets of Whataburger ketchup and 1 packet of Chic-fil-A ketchup - tossed them in. I was still short so I added a little water (trick I learned from my mom to make things stretch..hehe) and rounded it out with BBQ sauce.
I've mentioned Sean's dislike of the cooking stones before, so I tried to line it with liners first - not the best plan. I wasn't thinking about the grease from the meat so I still had to clean it myself...ugh!
They were AMAZING!!! Amy said she got the recipe out of her mixer's manual - you know how they have some recipes. It's definitely a keeper and great to cook up and throw in the freezer for Sean for days I have to go out of town. Will definitely make this one again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
i heart comments!