Tuesday, October 12, 2010

24 hours of change

With such short notice, and leaving a week earlier then I had planned, Sean and I decided to try out a new restaurant for our last night together.  We went to Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro.  The waitress and wine were great and the food wasn't so bad either.  I think we've finally found a new restaurant to frequent!

After dinner we finished packing up the suitcases.  The next morning Sean took Duke and me to the airport for an early morning flight.  Since I made Silver Elite on Delta, my 68 pound and 48 pound bags flew free!  I was glad to see limited clouds and the sun already up so I could see how different the trees were compared to when we did our leaf peeping in style.


After 8 hours of sitting in airplanes and airports...

...we arrived in Texas to be met by Tamara and Elizabeth.  Duke couldn't contain his excitement in seeing them and immediately jumped out of his bag and into their arms - tongue just a going crazy with kisses.  After spending a little time setting clocks, plugging things in and unpacking the suitcases I headed out with some friends for my FAVE - margarita swirls and Mexican food.

We had such a great time talking and laughing that time flew by and I got home WAY too late!

I know it wasn't nearly as exciting as the move up to Maine but I'm definitely glad to be back (especially since I went from 39 to 89 degrees during this 24 hours).

So now I'm back to the land of:
space
no trees
trees that are here are still very dark green
being able to buy whatever toilet paper I want (without caring about septic safe)
garbage disposals
walk in closet
bath tub
not having to share an office
room to store and do crafts
my sewing machine
DVR
so many projects just waiting to be started and completed
routine
Bunco
Supper Club

...and loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!