When I was single, I would get asked "are you seeing anyone?" I always felt there was an undertone of "I can't believe you're that old and not married and no prospect in the works". I lucked out though that I had a great family that understood and didn't ever say those things directly to me. I have plenty of friends that would get those types of questions from their parents though and I know it had to have bothered them. It would have really bothered me if mine had said that to me.
Why does everyone assume everyone wants and needs to get married? I was perfectly content with being single - in fact I was enjoying my freedom and loved hanging out with all my friends, going on trips and the such. Maybe if more people waited to get married until they have lived some we wouldn't have as many divorces in this world.
So now that I'm married, can you guess what is the most asked question? I'll give you three chances and the first two don't count. "When are you going to have kids?" Again, everyone assumes everyone wants and needs to have children or can. I also feel like there's really an undertone of "your clock is ticking." After my April Fools joke I figured I should go ahead and answer this question.
Sean and I am very content with our lives. If it happens we would be freaked out (Sean more so then me) but eventually very happy and if it doesn't happen we will also be very happy. In thinking about starting a family or not I came across a book - "Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The definintive guide to natural birth control, pregnancy achievement, and reproductive health" by Toni Weschler. I bought it for the natural birth control section. I've never been a big fan of drugs so I was looking for a natural method of birth control. It's a very interesting book and made me realize they didn't teach me anything in school! I think the woman's health section should be taught in schools. I would recommend if you have a young daughter to get her this book to read. I learned so much and am now trying to apply what I learned to not get pregnant.
We'll see how it works. It seems pretty straightforward but if I misread my bodies signs.....
oh dear!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
i heart comments!