Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the countdown has begun

We're about to have a full house - a REALLY full house!  Eight adults and two dogs in our tiny little camp.  Not sure how we'll survive but I'm sure we will.  We're all friends - really good friends.

In the spirit of the countdown that has begun I thought I'd take this opportunity to give them a preview of what they will see when they get here (we have some Maine virgins coming).

What I really wish I could do was give you a sneak of the amazing smells you'll encounter.  I seem to have a heightened sense of smell when we're in Maine - or maybe it's just that there's just more to smell.  Either way, every morning I wake up to the most a-mazing smell - some mixture of these.


When we take our daily walk up to the mailbox I walk with my nose in the air just taking in that smell in long, deep breaths.  Sean just looks at me like I'm crazy.


The neighbors garden is nearly in full bloom.


What's your favorite smell of Spring?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just that you're outside more! I notice the same thing...even in this huge city. The flowers all over the city smell delish and when you walk everywhere you go you notice the smell more than if you're trapped in a car everywhere you go :) Although, here in NYC, we have a lot more foul smells to go along with the good ones...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers look amazing...those peonies look gigantic! 7 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!