As I sit here in a coat, listening to the neighbor play the bagpipes and dodging hummingbirds I definitely know I'm back in Maine - and it feels good! Well, except the needing to bundle back up in a coat part - and the leaving all my Texas friends behind. Then I have flashes of all the visitors we're going to have this summer and all the preparations needing to happen. How can it be time to be up in Maine already? It seems like we just got to Texas - or maybe it's that Sean had just gotten to Texas since he spent so much time in the UK over the past winter.
But it is what it is and it's definitely Spring and was time to make the switch - it was getting too hot in Texas, according to Sean. Me? I was just getting comfortable. The trek to Maine was no 10 day boondoggle in the Jeep but was a lot of fun nonetheless. We flew into Boston - Duke in tow, of course and met up with Sean's friend and brother.
Of course we had to hit our favorite spot in the North End, Antico Forno for dinner. Since it has now also become everyone else's favorite spot, we couldn't get in until 9 pm. My solution was to hit up my new favorite, Max Brenner, for a little dessert before dinner. See what I mean (totally recommend the White Russian!)...
Rich chocolate and heavy Italian food put us right to sleep, which was good as we had a big day planned for Sunday - a 40th birthday party for Sean's friend.
Sean's friend that we stayed with in Boston (who happened to also marry us) got up and cooked us a great breakfast. This proved to be a good call as it was Mother's Day and you just never know what the restaurants are going to be like. Then we met up with a bunch of Sean's friends near Fenway for some pre-game beverages. You guessed it - we were headed for the Red Sox game!!!
After the game we bid Sean's brother and friend farewell and hopped the bus up to Maine with the birthday boy and all the birthday party goers that were from Maine. We got to Camp at around 10 pm and were so tired we dropped everything in the middle of the floor and headed to bed.
We've already completed our "project" for the season (pics coming soon), cleaned up the flower beds a little, evaluated all the plants that have been eaten by the deer, gazed at amazement that our Magnolia survived the winter, fed the critters and tried to get as much stuff out of the Camp as possible so we would no longer feel claustrophobic. Once I hear the loons all will be complete and I will officially be "home".
oh dear!
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment
i heart comments!