(cuz it comes free every morning outside my hotel door)
it claimed this lady was the happiest person in america
being how i had been feeling not so happy
i just had to read what "made people happy"
i was a little appalled when i read the criteria
which is said to have come from healthways science and well-being research
work
- college degree, some graduate school; professional or executive class
- family income of $120,000+
- commute under 10 minutes
- professional full-time job
- good physical and emotional health
- bmi (body mass index) under 30 (obesity = 30 or more)
- exercises 30-45 minutes, 6 days a week
- married and never divorced
- 2 children, gives birth between ages 27-36
- no caregiving for young children or sickly parents, in-laws, spouse
- has 4-12 intimate friends
like making over 120,000 makes you happy
or exercising 6 days as week makes you happy
and apparently you have to have had kids but no longer care for them to be happy
it says you can find an expanded checklist at yourlife.usatoday.com but i couldn't find it
what are your thoughts? do you find happiness in these things? if not, what do you find happiness in?

I have to say that I'm disappointed to read over the items they've listed (although I will say that working out does seem to improve my overall outlook on things). Does give me something to think about - I'm going to work on my "happiness" list and get back to you!
ReplyDeletei'm with sean! HA!
ReplyDelete