Sunday, March 14, 2010

De-girlifying

Before Sean and I got married my bedroom was pretty girly.  Once we got married I decided it was time to take some of the girl out of the room to make Sean feel more comfortable.  While on our honeymoon we bought a beautiful silk comforter.  The existing wall color didn't match the new comforter.  So, we decided to repaint the bedroom (which was actually the very first room I painted when I moved into my house 6 years ago).

Here are the before pictures...
(Grandma T made the quilt folded up at the end of the bed)

Now, drumroll please.....
(The little tiger on the bed was a gift from Sean on our very first date)


Here's a close-up of the new comforter.

I still need to make new curtains.  I'm having difficulties figuring out what color to make them.  I'm sure once I find the right fabric there will be a post about it!

3 comments:

  1. i love the lavendar but the new one catches a guy wow!!!!!!!!!!! the quilt is beautiful & grandma made it will always be special to you (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is BEAUTIFUL!!! Kind of sad to see the purple go --- brought back a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. been thinkng about that quilt since it won't match your bedroom it would MATCH my living room and you know i would really take good care of it for its very special (:(: i know the answer but had to ask??

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!