So when I finished making the pies (see Experimenting with Apples - Take 4 post) I had some of the apple mixture left over. I didn't have another pie crust so I had to come up with some other dessert to make with it. Here's what I came up with.
Ingredients
See Experimenting with Apples - Take 4 for all other ingredients
Dried Cherries
Dried Strawberries
I used sliced almonds instead of the walnuts
Phyllo dough
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
Pam for Baking spray
Sugar
Mix the cherries and strawberries into the apple pie filling mixture. Take a muffin pan and spray it with Pam for Baking spray. Coat with sugar. Place a slice of phyllo dough (cut into a square to fit the muffin pan) into one of the muffin holes. Spray with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Repeat with three more slices of phyllo, spraying in between each slice of phyllo. Fill up the phyllo muffin shell with the apple filling and top with the crumble topping. Bake at 350 for 50 or so minutes.
Here's what it looks like after it's baked.
Another angle.
Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream and ENJOY!
In this one you can see the sugar crystals on the phyllo dough.
oh dear!
11 years ago

you should make up a bunch of apple butter.
ReplyDeletedon't ask me how to make it though. google it :)
i was bummed cause dad's apple tree hardly did anything this year...last year it was crazy with apples.