Apple Pie with Crumble Topping
Pie FillingPremade pie shell of your choice
Enough apples to fill your pie shell
Lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Splenda
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup melted butter
3 tbsp flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Pie Topping
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup Splenda
6 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Peel and cut the apples into thin slices and coat with lemon juice to keep from browning. Mix up the sugars, honey, butter, flour and spices until well blended. Coat the apples with the mixture and place in the pie shell.
In a bowl, mix up all the topping ingredients and mix with a fork to cut in the butter until crumbly. Place the topping on top of the apples in the pie shell. Place in a preheated 375 degree oven and bake for 60 minutes.
I actually doubled the recipe and made two pies since I had two shells. I didn't actually keep them so I'm not sure if they were good but the feedback I got was that they were.
Here's a view of one of the pies from the top. It sort of looks like a giant cookie.
Picture from the side to see the filling oozing out.
The house sure smelled AMAZING!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
i heart comments!