Thursday, January 19, 2012

quinoa love

Everywhere I turn people are talking about quinoa.  I had no idea what it was, let alone how to pronounce it.  So, always up for a challenge, I bought a bag and have been on a quest for ways to use it.  I decided to try it for breakfast.  So here's what I did.

Start off by cooking the quinoa according to the package.  Tip: Make extra and just put it in the fridge to add to your soup at lunch.

Next, chop up some onion, green pepper, garlic and canadian bacon.  Tip: Chop up a weeks worth and keep in the fridge so you can cut down how long it takes to make in the morning.

Then cook the chopped up goodness in a little olive oil.  Be sure to keep the veggies a little crunchy.  Add some of the quinoa in the skillet a minute before the veggies are done.  Be sure to salt and pepper to your taste.

If you don't have one of these mix-n-scrapers from Pampered Chef, you must get one!  They ROCK!  You can seriously just leave them laying in the skillet while you're cooking.  Whip up 2 eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper.  Add it to the skillet and cook like scrambled eggs.  Serve piping hot with a little salsa and ENJOY!

********************************
What are you doing with quinoa?

1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely yummy Tonya. Do you think they can whip some of that up for me in the LP2 caf? : )

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!