Monday, January 16, 2012

my word, my focus

I've never been a fan of resolutions; I typically go the goals route instead.  This year I decided to pick a single word to focus on instead.  I knew immediately what word I would choose.  2011 wasn't the greatest year for me, by far but I've finally gotten to a place where I'm ready for 2012 to be!  That's why I've selected:

Discover
verb: become aware of (a fact or situation)

discover what makes me happy
discover how to remain an individual while married
discover my fears and conquer them
discover a way to lose weight that lasts
discover new talents
discover how to let people in
discover what I want to do with my life
discover new foods
discover new friends
discover new hobbies
rediscover my faith

I have so much to discover it may take me a decade instead of a year but I'm willing and I'm ready.  Now, where to start.....

***********************************************
What word would you choose to focus on in 2012?

2 comments:

  1. This is good! I wish we lived in the same place so we could conquer some of these things alongside one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you word! I think by the looks of your painting of duke you've discovered a new talent! I've been missing out on your posts for a while....it seems I was being directed to the same post forever instead of you home page....what a dork! glad I finally figured it out though and can keep up with you once again!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!