Monday, January 4, 2010

Never a dull moment....

So I've concluded that living with Sean is never a dull moment. I guess that's one of the benefits to being married huh? I always thought I led a boring life but Sean doesn't seem to allow that. So on the trip up to Kansas Sean got a speeding ticket - even though I had told him over and over that the speed limit in North Texas wasn't very fast. This kid (he literally looked about 12 years old) was so green and just out of the academy there was no way we weren't getting a ticket. I think the end of the year and the month was working against our favor too. Now Sean is learning all about the ways in Texas to get the tickets to not appear on your record.

The other exciting piece was the drive back home. If you remember from my previous post, the weather in Oklahoma wasn't so great and had a lot of snow which causes a lot of muck. Sean needed to stop for a potty break (yet again! lol) and ended up pulling over to a gas station that happened to be a casino too. Ever since they passed that law in Oklahoma those things have been popping up EVERYWHERE! So back to the story. This stop happened to be on a dark road with only the lights from the gas station. There were several tire tracks heading into this gas station so we proceeded to follow. I quickly told Sean I didn't think it really was a driveway. But it was too late at that point.....


.....we were stuck!

I have to give it to him though, it REALLY was dark. We sat there for a moment and then I decided to try to get out and push us out. No luck. So Sean decided to head in to the gas station and potty and try to find someone to help us. He didn't get two steps and someone pulled up. "You seem to be stuck." "Yep!" "Do you have a chain?" "Ummm, no." (I never thought to store a chain in the old SAAB.) "Well, I DO!!!" Sean asks, "What do you need me to do?" The man replies, "Just all the work!" The man then quickly pulls out a roll of trash bags, so Sean wouldn't get all muddy, and the chains. Since I didn't marry the most mechanically inclined man, the guy had to tell him all about how to do it.



I had to stand in the street and let the nice man know when the chain was getting tight while trying to not get run over at the same time. No damage to either car when it was all said and done. All in all it only added about 20 minutes to our trip home. Funny thing is the guy that helped us told us he pulled out another couple just two nights before in that very same spot.

While trying to get out of the sticky situation a car of young guys drove by - "Sure sucks to be stuck - haahaahaahaahaa!!!" Karma - that's all I need to say.

Thanks Sam Howard for your help! I wish you and your family all the best in life!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's time Sean takes some mechanic classes. In 1.5 years, he's had to change his first tire, and now put chains on the car. What's he need to be prepared for next???

    ReplyDelete
  2. shame on sean for getting a ticket when the wifey warns HIM!!! guess that was sean christmas gift?? oh...so sorry i spelled shawn's name wrong on the belated wedding gift but amy might of changed it?? i'll know better next time if i have to buy a baby gift down the road...what to you say to THAT!!!!!
    take care. blessings, your 2nd Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have to say, well, Tonya is about right on this, however, I did want to pull over earlier and go on the side of the road but She wouldn't let me. So instead we ended up in this situation. Oh well lesson learned. I did a write up of this on "my part of this website too". Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...this is too funny!!! when the guy pulled out the trash bags i thought you were a gonner and gonna end up in the bags...in pieces :P
    btw...craig is screaming at the NAS drive as i write this :)

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!