Monday, January 25, 2010

The Avatar Bandwagon

One of the things that comes with being married to Sean is his fascination with Science Fiction movies. I'm sure you've heard of the type - has the entire collection of Star Wars and Matrix. He's tried to get me to have a marathon watch party with them but I've escaped it so far.

I wasn't able to escape getting drug to see Avatar. All I had seen on the commercials was blue people and I couldn't figure out why he thought I would want to see it. I decided it was probably time I went to see a movie he wanted to since he always goes to see ones I want to.

Since we were going, I decided we should go big so we went to the IMAX 3-D version. First of all 3-D has come a long way. The movie literally looked like it was happening on your lap! At times during the movie there were fireflies and embers floating around and you were tempted to swat them away.

Although the movie was 3 hours it really didn't seem like that long. It was action packed and had a good story. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone. If you're waiting for it to come out on DVD - DON'T!!! I would also recommend going the extra mile and at least see it in 3-D. I think I've now become obsessed with 3-D and can't wait for all the new 3-D movies to come out.

Here's Sean with his sexy 3-D glasses on.
Our self portrait - man we are lookin' good!

2 comments:

  1. Even the 3D glasses have come a long way! Those look fancy.

    I didn't want to see this either until EVERYone started loving it. I've only heard of one person who didn't like it - he said it had no plot. No one else seems to agree though. I will probably go...just waiting to see if it gets a Best Picture nod.

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!