Sunday, September 27, 2009

Experimenting with Apples - Take 2

So with an entire bag of apples still remaining (Sean doesn't seem to be eating them fast enough) it was time to try out another experimental apple dessert. So you can try to make it yourself here's what I did.

Start with some Phyllo dough. Lay it on a baking sheet, spray it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, sprinkle a little Splenda and cinnamon and bake at 350 until it's crispy. While that's baking take a skillet and toast some sliced almonds. Add in a couple diced apples, dried cherries and dried strawberries. Squirt with a little lemon juice and cook until heated up. Add a little orange juice and baking powder. Bring to a boil/simmer. Add Splenda to taste. Stir until the juice thickens up/reduces a little. Add a splash of Stoli Vanilla. I wanted to flambe it but I got scared.

To plate it take the cooked phyllo dough and place it on the plate. Add the fruit and nut mixture, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with fresh honey. Enjoy!

I think this is the best view of the dish.













From the top....













It makes 2 so don't forget one for your honey!













Sean's reactions?
"Where did you get this recipe from?"
"That's pretty good!"
"What's this flaky stuff? I'm not too horny about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

i heart comments!