Tuesday, November 21, 2017

guzzy roadtrip south - day 2 & 3

Today's trip went from Pennsylvania to North Carolina.

This was probably the heaviest traffic we've ever encountered in all the years we've been making the drive.  It could be that we were driving through the outskirts of DC.  We even drove right past the PwC office in Tyson's Corner where Sean and I used to go to on work trips back when we were only work spouses.  No, this is not a picture of said building.

Sean's brother lives in Raleigh, as for the random direction we headed to get back to Texas.  It's always good to get to see him and his family.  Since we arrived on a Sunday (and Sean and I were still really tired) we just hung out for the night watching the Patriots and the Cowboys and grilled up some steaks.

Monday started with Sean and his brother making a trip to the local walk-in care.  Sean was convinced he had strep (man flu anyone???) and had also noticed a little friend had hitched a ride with us from Maine - a tick - that had latched onto Sean!  Sean can't stop laughing at the doctor's surprise that "it's still alive!".

The rest of the day we just enjoyed hanging out with everyone and running a few errands.

In case you're wondering where Guzzy was, we actually were able to park it at Sean's brother's work. We're now back on the road and headed northwest - any guesses where we'll stop tonight?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the traffic, but I do love to catch a glimpse of the LDS Temple in DC when making this drive southward - especially at night. So beautiful! Safe travels and keep us posted! Can’t wait to see where your adventures take you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really was a beautiful building in the daytime, I can't imagine what it would look like all lit up. Sean and I debated what it was and I guessed a temple and he guessed a museum. Thanks for clearing it up for us!

      Delete

i heart comments!