Sunday, April 15, 2012

the results are in

whenever i'm out and about with duke
i constantly hear "oh how cute, what kind of puppy is it?"
we've joked about making him a shirt that says
"i know i'm cute. i'm an 8 year old yorkiepoo."

well, it's a good thing we didn't make that shirt
cuz it wasn't completely true after all
not the cute part - he's definitely cute
and not the 8 years old part - i can vouch for that
but apparently he's not exactly a yorkiepoo

how do i know you may ask?
i had his doggie dna done, of course
yes, i'm a freak like that - but all the cool kids are doing it!
you just pick up a test at your local large chain doggie store, take the sample and mail it in
a couple weeks later you get an email with the results
it's all very thorough!

after reading through the report this is what i've figured out
he got the personality (protectiveness) and coloring from the lhasa
he got the ears and rat chasing (or chipmunk chasing) from the terrier
he got the muzzle and bird hunting from the poodle

in case you wondered what the "mixed breed" is - the report tells you that too!

3 comments:

  1. Very Cool! I had no idea....we have two cross mixes but I think they are ALL terrier...the dig a lot and look for things under the ground.

    mary lou nutterfield on facebook to see photo of Jack (black) and Jill (tan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. JUst Mary Nutterfield - leave out the Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marlu! I thought Duke was a Yorkie all this time and turns out he isn't. You should get them tested! I especially wanted to know about Duke because he has such a great disposition. I checked out Jack and Jill (such cute names). They are so cute! They look like such pleasers in the picture - I just love the expressions you captured in their faces! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

i heart comments!